Plantain chipsis a crispy tasty snack made with ripe or unripe plantains or a combination of both. It is also known as sweet banana chips and great for everyone.
If you want to end up with sweet plantain chips, get a yellow plantain that is hard, so that it is easier to slice and also crunchier when fried.
Here’s how to make plaintain chips at home.
Ingredients For Plantain Chips
• Ripe or and unripe plantain
• vegetable oil for frying
• Salt to taste
What You’ll Need
• Knife/ Vegetable slicer
• Paper towel
Directions For Frying Plantain Chips
• Peel and slice the plantains, then put some water in the bowl and add salt to it. Rinse the plantains in it and spread out on a sieve or cheese cloth to dry out.
• Heat up the vegetable oil until very hot and add the sliced plantains, bit by bit and fry until they are hard.
• Transfer onto a sieve and spread out on paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Leave to cool completely and then store in air-tight containers.
• Plantain chips are great snacks for all ages.. it’s so yummy, crunchy and delicious.
What do you think about this song?
We want to hear from you all.
Drop your comments